Muffin Monday: Marble Streusel Muffins

Fasten your seatbelts folks and prepare for a decadent ride through pure indulgence. The holiday muffins are here! This week’s recipe for Marble Streusel Muffins, is the first in what I can only imagine will be a stellar lineup of holiday muffins that Anuradha from Baker Street be tasking us with making over the next several weeks. I know, I know – life’s tough!

After several weeks of adapting recipes to be gluten-free, I embraced the gluten. At first I felt guilty, but after spying the wonderfully rounded domed tops through the oven door my guilt was quickly replaced by glee. Ah gluten – how I’ve missed you!

These muffins are hands down one of my favourites so far…they are AMAZING. Rich, moist, and perfect texture. They were light and fluffy yet still dense enough to remind you that you were eating a muffin rather than a cupcake. It was also not too sweet which I appreciated, making it the perfect accompaniment for my morning coffee.

I added coconut to the streusel and opted to use toffee bits instead of chocolate chips. I also added coconut milk to the batter instead of water, and coconut extract rather than vanilla.

Can’t wait to see what we’ll be baking up for next week. Who would have thought I would ever look forward to Mondays this much?!

For a copy of the original recipe for Marble Streusel Muffins, please visit Baker Street’s and be sure to check out what the other food bloggers have baked up this week!

14 comments on “Muffin Monday: Marble Streusel Muffins

Ooh! Coconut is a great addition! Must must try next time!

2. elena @3greenonions on said:

Mmmmm…toffee bits! what a great idea. These were awesome and definitely made our list of favorites too:)

3. Bianca SBRantsnRaves on said:

They look extra chocolatey, I love it!

4. Elizabeth Q on said:

What gorgeous delicious muffins! Glad to have baked with you on this MM ! Happy Halloween!

5. Food: Je t'Aimee on said:

Coconut? Toffee bits?! All on top of the cream cheese? Gah! LOVE your version of these muffins this week! And three cheers for gluten! That is… as a treat :) You’ve done so much experimenting and learning with GF lately, I think it’s safe to say you deserved this treat.

Agree that they were *just* sweet enough! Lovely muffins, Jasmine. Too pretty!

Yes An – the coconut was lovely with this muffin. Highly recommend giving it a try!

Elena I can’t tell you how tasty the toffee bits turned out to be! Such a great recipe :)

LOL Bianca I think that’s because I ended up overmixing my batter (had some help from my kids!) Didn’t get the same marble swirls but still very tasty :)

Thanks Elizabeth! Hope you had a great Halloween :)

LOL – Aimee I’m glad you appreciate my overindulgence with these muffins! They were sooooooo good :)

11. Annapet on said:

Jasmine, you mention STREUSEL and you know that’s my weakness! It’s like how cream cheese affects Aimee! 😉

Let’s bake together from the Laduree: Sucre book soon.

Happy for your reunion with gluten! I wish my tummy feels the same.

Hahaha Annapet! Love how Aimee has become synonymous with cream cheese 😉 YES! So excited for my copy of Laduree: Sucre to arrive!

13. what a lovely creation! they look gorgeous!

glad to be baking with you again!

Thanks! Good to be baking with you again too :) Yay for Muffin Mondays!