Muffin Monday: Strawberry Shortcake Muffins

Written & photographed by
Stay-At-Home-Chef

This week’s delightful recipe comes from Seasons & Suppers, a blog I have subsequently fallen in love with due to the beautiful photos and fantastic sounding recipes.

© 2012 CookThatBook

A simple yet delicate batter keeps the muffins light and crumbly, similar in texture to strawberry shortcake. Cold butter is cut into the flour mixture as per making pastry, with diced strawberries gently folded into the mix. If you’d like to dust the tops with icing sugar I say all the power to ya – but honestly these little gems of a muffin are perfect when kept simple.

© 2012 CookThatBook

© 2012 CookThatBook

I love how the flavours are straightforward, the berries kept centre stage. For me these muffins are the epitome of summer out here on the west coast, and although the strawberries were fashionably late this year due to lame weather they have (finally) arrived! And I plan on making many more batches of these muffins to celebrate.

Speaking of celebrating…look who stopped by for a bite?!

© 2012 CookThatBook

For a copy of this week’s Muffin Monday recipe, please click here

Don’t forget to visit Baker Street’s site and be sure to check out what the other food bloggers have baked up this week!

Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.

© 2012 CookThatBook

8 comments on “Muffin Monday: Strawberry Shortcake Muffins

1. Jennifer on said:

Thanks for posting about my muffins. They are one of my favourite things to make with strawberries. (And thanks for your kind words about my blog, too :)

Thanks for your comment Jennifer! Your recipe was a hit with all of us Muffin Mondayers :) Definitely a keeper!

3. Stacy on said:

Beautiful muffins and I loved that Strawberry Shortcake came to visit. Made me laugh out loud when I scrolled down!

4. Kate | FoodBabbles on said:

These muffins sound fantastic and love the Strawberry Shortcake doll 😉 Bummed I missed out this week but had a balsamic fruit salad (and giveaway) that was scheduled for today. I think I’ll need to make these on my own though soon. So simple and tasty I bet! Happy Monday!

Thanks Stacy! We were thrilled that Strawberry Shortcake had time for a visit…but these muffins are so good how could she resist a taste?!

Thanks Kate! Sometimes things get hectic with juggling blog posts…I totally get that :) Be sure to bookmark this recipe though, it’s a keeper!

Aww.. These look amazing, J! Especially the picture with the doll! 😉

Thanks An – this is such a great recipe!