Muffin Monday: Eggnog Snickerdoodle Muffins

Written & photographed by
Stay-At-Home-Chef

Ah. The holidays. Gotta love the level of indulgence this means for Muffin Mondays! This week Baker Street gave us a fun recipe for snickerdoodle muffins by Culinary Concoctions by Peabody.

As the name suggests, these muffins are a twist on traditional snickerdoodle cookies which are similar to a sugar cookie but are rolled in a cinnamon sugar mixture instead of granulated sugar. Crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside, these cookies use simple ingredients but come up big in the flavour department. Unfortunately no one seems to know how they came by such a peculiar name.

Wanting to dial up the holiday theme with these muffins, I ended up replacing the 1¼ cup sour cream with eggnog. I also added ½ tsp of eggnog extract to help boost the flavour (but feel free to leave out if you wish). I also decided to use nutmeg instead of cinnamon, and mixed together brown sugar and nutmeg to sprinkle overtop of the muffins prior to baking.

These little beauties turned out wonderfully! Lovely and crisp on the outside, perfectly moist interior, and the flavour of eggnog really was perfect with this style of muffin.

Happy Muffin Monday!

Don’t forget to visit Baker Street’s site and be sure to check out what the other food bloggers have baked up this week!

Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.

15 comments on “Muffin Monday: Eggnog Snickerdoodle Muffins

1. Crystal on said:

I like your more dramatic lighting here…was it intentional, or the new kitchen? and of course the muffins looked a-maze-ing!

Thanks Crystal! I’ve been having fun getting to know the lighting in our new house. Lots of fun shadows and natural light to play around with over here :)

Eggnog! YUMMM! What a great addition to simple snickerdoodle muffins.

4. Lyn @LovelyPantry on said:

Jasmine, this is so awesome! These muffins look lovely and so cool to add eggnog! I didn’t know that eggnog extract existed! I learn something new every day :-)

5. Ooooh! Eggnog to replace the sour cream. What a wonderful idea! I’ll bet these were delicious in all their nutmeg and cinnamon-topped eggnogginess! Yeah, I just made that up but it fits, don’t you think?

Thanks An – eggnog and snickerdoodles were meant to be together!

Lyn I highly recommend getting your hands on some eggnog extract – it can be difficult to find (check out our online store) but really dials up the flavour! I used it last year in eggnog cookies and topped them with an eggnog glaze that had the extract and they were delicious!

Oh Stacy – I am sooooo adding the word ‘eggnogginess’ to my regular vocabulary :) Thanks for your comment!

Gotta say these muffins have long since disappeared but wow am I craving another batch! Time to bring out the stretchy pants :)

10. Mr. Spock on said:

Make them again!

Yes dear :)

12. Wow o wow! I cannot wait to make these! Love everything Eggnog!

Yup – these would definitely be right up your alley Ashley!

14. Wine2Three Kendall on said:

Muffin Mondays sound like such fun! This recipe really makes me want to go out & bake them right away! I’m not a huge fan of drinking eggnog but I love the Christmassiness of that eggnogginess (ha ha had to use that word!) so I’ll have to try this one for sure! Thanks Jasmine!

Thanks Kendall! They are truly Christmassy with all that eggnogginess ;)